Friday, July 29, 2011

Recent Finds

Despite my break from blogging, I've still been browsing the thrift shops this summer.  A few of my favorite finds at the moment...

A ceramic animal head at Salvation Army for $4.99.  I know, I know... It doesn't exactly scream chic (it's a little more southwestern now), but I think a few coats of high gloss white spray paint would have it back in shape.  And it was 5 bucks, who could say no to that?


And I've been seeing these everywhere recently, from West Elm ($20-$150) to Pinterest...

{via}

 {via}
 
{via}

I must admit that my first thought was how I'd love to put this in a baby boy's nursery.  Then my second thought was, too creepy for babies?  Pinterest to the rescue again...

{via}

{via}

Definitely used in nurseries before, so maybe not as creepy?  Jury is still out on this one...

Moving on.  I also found these framed puzzle pieces of North & South Carolina for less than $10.  I thought they looked vintage and fun.  Still deciding on whether the frame should get a bright coat of paint... Maybe orange?




Hoping to hit a few of my favorite spots this weekend to add more finds to the list...  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. ummm I would go with the puzzles in the nursery...the skull in the sunroom! Paint it GOLD! SO glad WW is back!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete