Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Amy & Ray Got Hitched!

Sorry for my lack of posts this week… I'd been on a roll with blogging, but this week has been incredibly busy. On to the good stuff though… Last weekend, we had the most amazing time celebrating Ray & Amy’s wedding!


I can sum up the weekend with two stories:

One – After the ceremony was over, we were sitting in the pews waiting to take pictures. A little 5 year-old boy came up to Ray’s mom, and she asked him how he liked the ceremony. He started pointing to all the bridesmaids, saying ‘I saw her and her and her… And I saw the princess!’ (points to Amy)

Such a cute story… Amy was the most gorgeous bride! She & Ray were both literally beaming with happiness, and I’ve never seen a bride so calm! Anything could have happened that day (which, of course, went off without a hitch!) and Amy would’ve been smiling the whole way through.

  

Two – The next day, I sent a text message to Sarah, saying ‘I woke up with a terrible headache, no voice, and the faint memory of throwing a shoe at Robert Wash (a groomsman)’ Sorry, mom, I know this message makes you proud… Needless to say, the reception was so much fun!

I did lots of my famous finger-pointing, shoulder-shrugging dance, and Sarah did lots of her famous Kathie Lee impersonation. Her response to my text was, ‘I either made a bunch of friends, or lost a bunch.’ That should about sum up the amount of fun had by all.



Oh, and I also made plans for dinner with Peggy & Ed the next time they are in town… Lots of love to Amy’s sweet family for being such wonderful hosts!


I know that this past weekend was just the beginning of a lifetime of love & happiness for the Morrisons! Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment