Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Room Inspiration

I used to feel very strongly against white walls.  In fact, Jeff's entire house was painted white, and repainting was the very first item on my to-do list, once we were married.

Now, I'm not sure if I feel the same way... This living room is a relatively small space, and I l-o-v-e the white walls as well as the white sofa and settee. 


{apologies, can't remember where I found this image... I believe the home of a blogger? let me know if you know!}

Perhaps a nice off-white wall color for a change in our living room is in order?  (I know, I know... I promise I'll stop this one day)  Maybe it is the summer weather, but I've been drawn to crisp, clean, clutter-free rooms lately... And this one really gets that look!

What do you think... Do you have any white rooms in your house?  Or does it make you feel like Ke$ha... blah, blah, blah?

1 comment:

  1. I painted one of our bedrooms bright white with white trim. It had been a dreary, light taupe-y color for 11 years and I'd had it. What a difference! So much lighter and happier--all I have left to do is switch rugs to a light sisal, make a window treatment and dust ruffle, pillows, paint a table and hang things on the walls. Everything's ready except the motivation to sew now that the weather is pretty.

    ReplyDelete