Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Breaking Bread?

A quick poll to my lovely blog readers (yes, all 10 of you!)... Has anyone used a bread machine before?

With logic that I am sure Kat will appreciate, Jeff recently read an article about how much money a bread machine will save you in the long run... I don't remember the details, but just think about multiplying the $3-7 per week spent on bread by 52 weeks in a year.  It is a lot of dough (sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

{via Amazon}

While the cost of a basic model bread machine can be around $60, I still wonder about the costs of wheat flour, yeast, flax seeds, oat bran, dry milk... Everything it would take to make that low cal, high fiber, wheat bread we all love.

I like the idea of having homemade bread every week, but am wondering about logistics (especially for just two of us!)  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I do appreciate it! If you buy the ingredients in bulk maybe it works out--all that stuff doesn't really go bad if you store them in airtight containers right? If you bake brownies instead of buying them once it's about the same price (oil, eggs, mix) but if you make them several times it's cheaper. The same logic might apply? AND you can make all sorts of cooler breads for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete