Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

I love a quote I recently read on Twitter: “I don’t believe in resolutions, only to-do lists."


For the first time, I'm making a 2011 to-do list, instead of resolutions. With one exception… I am giving myself a break this year.  Meaning my resolution is not to do it all (or think that everyone else does, or feel bad that I don’t). 

If our sweet dog tracks in leaves and sawdust from the sunroom addition, I am not a bad housekeeper if I don’t clean it up right away.  If we eat frozen pizzas, breakfast for dinner, and Chinese take-out in one week for dinner, I am not a bad wife.  If I have a guest room closet full of half-finished home projects, I am not a bad person.

This will be my year to focus on school and not worry about the rest. 


So, to make a long story short, my to-do list for 2011 looks like this:
  • FINISH MY MASTER'S DEGREE!
  • Celebrate. Breathe deep. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment