Monday, January 24, 2011

Too Soon?

I cannot help it... Young House Love is making me, almost downright forcing me, to repaint our house.

It has been a little over a year & a half since I stormed into Jeff's bachelor pad, paint brush in hand... Well, actually, he did the painting, so it was more like paint swatches in hand...  And we updated a house with entirely white walls to this:

 Note that the guest bedroom actually looks much more lavender than pink
& the 'below chair rail' looks much more dark brown.

Our current color scheme is pretty neutral, with what I would consider relatively traditional choices.  But I'm just dying over the moody colors from Young House Love's new home... 

{images via YHL}

Gray's, dark blue's & crisp white's... oh my!  But is approximately 18 months too soon to break the paint brush back out?  What is the shortest time frame you've repainted in? 

1 comment:

  1. I've repainted in about 18 months. If you're ready for a change it's never too soon!

    ReplyDelete