Monday, February 8, 2010

Keep Dreaming...

After a weekend of pleading (and yes, there was some crying), it became clear that Jeff was not going to budge on letting me completely redesign our living room.

As a reminder, my inspiration (for the room and ensuing weekend-long fit) came from designer Ashley Whittaker (no wonder I love it) via The Newlywed Diaries:

So I'm living vicariously through my blog... If I could start all over again, this is what our room would look like:
Sofa: Our current sofa purchased on Craig's List (Rowe)
Bookshelf: Our current shelf from Crate & Barrel (Sloane)
Loveseat: Ikea Karlstad loveseat in sivik light blue
Ottoman: Target
Brown Leather Chair: Charlotte Craig's List
Glass Coffee Table: Crate & Barrel
Curtains: Ikea Aina in yellow
Pillows: Etsy
Rug: Jute 9x12 with a faint diamond pattern that I am just dying to have from eBay

While the room is my 'dream' room, it was still put together on a realistic budget... Not as jaw-droppingly chic as the original, but I'd be pretty happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment