Sunday, February 21, 2010

Seeing Red

One of my favorite blog readers (who actually introduced me to almost all of the blogs in my design favorites) commented on an earlier post that animal prints will always be classic in a room... just like a hint of red or black.

I noticed a trend in some of my favorite room files after this... And totally agree that a bold splash of red can make a room.

{via Oh Happy Day!}


{images via Canadian House & Home}
{via Little Green Notebook}

As a side note, the tv console in the Oh Happy Day! room and this credenza were both painted Rustoleum's 'Safety Red.' I haven't figured out what yet, but I'm definitely painting something (anything!) this color in our house.
This is such a great cabinet from Crate & Barrel, but you could easily find something similar on Craig's List and give it a nice coat of red paint... If we had enough space, we'd definitely have something similar in our kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, let me know when you find the Rustoleum Safety Red. I've looked in Lowe's, HD and WalMart and haven't had any luck. I have some good books on painting furniture that I got off Amazon. One's pretty technical and has lots of pretty finishes, let me know if you ever want to check them out.

    BTW, thanks--ditto. :)

    ReplyDelete