Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Inspiration

I've been feeling incredibly inspired lately – in all aspects of life. Over the weekend, I had a girl’s day (and evening) with Sarah of Silver Lining fame. We talked a lot about design inspiration, and she gave the best advice from her coursework in interior design and general ability to work colors with ease. Afterwards, I realized how much of what she said echoed this post from Jenny.

So to get our living room in order, I’m going to follow their expert advice: Choose something (fabric, artwork, a set of plates) that you love, and drawn your room’s color palette from that. It seems so simple when they lay it out that way!

After a brief trip to Sleepy Poet (my favorite afternoon activity) and some online browsing, I came up with this fabric inspiration for our living room. I just can’t decide between the two…


To top all of this design inspiration off, I was fortunate enough today (thanks to my father-in-law) to attend the Businesswoman of the Year luncheon. Needless to say, I left with inspiration to spare. The award recipient touched on everything from resiliency as a leader to balancing being a mom with being a top executive (she said that she isn’t a ‘working mom,’ but a ‘mom who works’ – I loved it)

What a great way to start the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment