Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tell It to Me Straight

Here is a glimpse into our current living room thoughts... But we need a little candid feedback. Do all the patterns/fabrics work together? We plan to move the seagrass rug from the kitchen to the living room...

Then add a smaller zebra print rug on top of the seagrass. The suzani fabric by the sofa would be a pair of pillows, coupled with the chevron fabric in a lumbar pillow on the sofa. We'd also have a pillow for the yellow settee in the fabric there.
We felt like we could work in a lot of patterns since the rug, sofa, and settee were all solid (and relatively neutral). But give me your honest thoughts... Is it working? Or is this a pattern overload?

If you're on team overload, any thoughts on what gets the boot? Maybe solid color curtain panels instead of the pattern, sayonara to the suzani, or kick the zebra rug to the curb?

Jeff thanks you all for your help... before I make any more purchases that I later regret.

2 comments:

  1. I think they go great! I love the pattens and the colors. I would stick to solid window treatments just so they are easier to keep coordinated with those in the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Those are some of my favorite fabrics. You'll be able to bring in a lot of different colors by using the suzani fabric. It was great getting to know you this past wknd!

    ReplyDelete