Monday, March 1, 2010

On Sunday night I tried out a new Weight Watchers recipe (or 'W Squared' as I like to call it). From the Cook It Quick cookbook, the recipe was so easy to make, and it was delicious! Especially for only 5 points!

{love this kitchen remodel by Ann Turner... the shelf and different color upper & lower cabinets are amazing}

W² Cheddar Chicken with Warm Black Bean Salsa:
4 (3-oz) thin-sliced skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 (14½ oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (I couldn't find these, so I just used regular stewed tomatoes and added a splash of Tabasco sauce)
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Saute the chicken until lightly browned. Sprinkle with oregano, salt & pepper. Turn over and saute until cooked through. Sprinkle chicken with almost all cheese (set aside 1 tablespoon).

2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil.

3. Top the chicken with the black bean & tomato salsa, remaining cheese, and cilantro. Serve & enjoy (for 5 points!)

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, I am going to try this next week! Are you doing WW? I have some great recipes from when I did it. Let me know when you get bored and need something different, I'll be happy to pass them along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A splash? How do you measure "a splash"? I am so proud of you

    ReplyDelete