Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sunroom Progress

Jeff was hard at work over the weekend... Two full days of sunroom construction, and it is actually starting to look like a room!

Unfortunately, 4 out of 9 windows were broken when they shipped to our house.  Eventually, there will be 6 windows across this back wall. 


On Sunday, Jeff and I headed to Lowe's to pick up one of the doors.  We originally picked out a basic-model, vinyl sliding glass door.  But when we got there, we found this Pella door on clearance.  Over 50% off and only a little over $100 more than the basic-model (it would have regularly been over $500 more).  


The new door meant that Jeff had to switch around the layout (the original plan was to have the window to the left of the door), but I think we're both really happy with how it looks!  And, most importantly, Ellie really likes how her room is coming along...


Now that the room is almost all framed in, I can't believe how big it looks... or how great Jeff's work looks!  He could seriously do this for a living, and I still have no idea how he just intuitively knows what to do to build an entire room!  A huge thank you to Jeff's dad, brother Micheal, and brother-in-law Nick for all their help this weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed. Jeff is definitely talented. Can't wait to see the finish product. I love sunrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I really can't get over that he's building an actual room--I wish some of that motivation would rub off on us! (well, maybe just the other half of us...)

    ReplyDelete