Monday, December 27, 2010

Very Merry

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  We couldn't have asked for a better holiday.  I feel truly overwhelmed by the blessings in our life, especially having our families so close at Christmastime and throughout the year.

We started our celebrations on Thursday night with a get-together at Ray & Amy's with friends.  Friday morning was spent doing a little more baking and wrapping... And Santa made a house-call to see Ellie again this year!

{picture from last year, since I'm a bad blogger & forgot to take one!}

Friday night we attended a church service and grabbed a quick dinner with my parents, then headed to an annual Christmas Eve party with Jeff's family. 

{Whittakers at Christmas Eve party}

We ended the night back at my dad's house and woke up to sure signs of Santa's visit!






Christmas early-morning was spent opening gifts with my parents, then opening gifts with Jeff's family mid-morning, then over to my grandparents' house to eat!  Fortunately, my sister, her husband & son came from South Carolina for the day too! 

{our sweet Ellie girl on Christmas morning}

I really can't say enough how fortunate we are... I feel beyond blessed by the thoughtfulness and love our families give to us!  This week both of my brothers are heading into town with my nephews, and we have New Years Eve plans with great friends at the lake... The celebrating continues!  

{family portrait on Christmas morning}

No comments:

Post a Comment