Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Done.

I was pretty excited when Amy's post on upcoming home to-do's included repainting their living room and hallway.  Remember a while back when Jeff (and my mom) thought I had totally lost it, because I was ready to repaint our house again?  Good to know I'm not the only one who likes to switch things up in the paint department!

Well, it is almost a done deal.  I grabbed my paintbrush and changed things up around the house.  Like I've mentioned before, I've been moving towards keeping things simple, uncluttered, and clean... And I feel like the new wall color for our kitchen, living room, and hallway makes me feel all of those things!



The color is Horizon by Benjamin Moore and is a great neutral for the house.  It looks light gray during the day, but definitely much more blue at night.  It makes me swoon.  It makes the house feel much bigger and brighter.  And it is a definite overall improvement.

On a second note, I kind of did this as a sneaky wife activity.  Jeff never told me not to do it... He just said he thought it was a bad idea and 'unnecessary.'  So I surprised him & went for it while he was in Vegas... And am happy to report that he likes it!  Or at the very least doesn't dislike it.  I'll take that as a win!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love it and can't wait to see it in person. Do I also spy a new entry table?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this out loud to Brandon. Hilarious Catherine. You are awesome.

    p.s. love the color!

    ReplyDelete