Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bedroom, part 1

It started out as painting 2 pieces of furniture, then turned into rearranging the room, then turned into spring cleaning, then turned into new spring bedding... And now we have a new look for our bedroom!

So to start from the beginning, I originally planned to paint our Ikea 3 drawer nightstand...

With this as my inspiration, one of the best Ikea hacks out there...

I left the dark wood as is and just painted the fronts of the drawers Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. I also used that color to paint our old yellow desk/nightstand.

I painted both pieces following these instructions from Bryn (if you have any furniture painting projects coming up, definitely check these out). I used a few different products, but most importantly ended up wiping on the poly, instead of using a foam brush, to avoid any brush marks.

Here are the finished products... The Ikea dresser is still missing these brass ring pulls, ordered this week (note that there is a 12 order minimum, so please let me know if you're interested in the 6 extra)

For the desk, I bought brass cleaner at the grocery store to attempt to polish up the hardware. It's not great, but I kind of like how it contributes to the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment