Monday, April 26, 2010

Cake Boss

A big thank you to the girls who left cake suggestions for my mom's birthday! Over the weekend, I decided to make the Lady Strawberry Cake. I cannot say enough about this cake recipe... It looks beautiful, and tastes amazing too! 

I followed Jen's recipe exactly... The only difference was that I was able to find cake flour at Harris Teeter, so I didn't need to substitute there.  While I don't think mine came out nearly as pretty, I was still very happy with the end result... And more importantly, everyone else loved it too!



Wouldn't it be perfect for a shower? (not-so-subtle hint to married friends: I'm talking a shower of the baby variety)  I must have been in a baking mood, because with the extra butter cream frosting, I decided to make a few quick carrot cake cupcakes...


Thank goodness there was no shortage of volunteers to take home leftovers!  Although, Jeff did manage to save a few cupcakes and a slice of cake to snack on throughout the rest of our weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad this was a hit. Your cake is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, will you soon be in need of someone to bake something at YOUR baby shower????

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good cath! my host mom made a lady lemon cake for my birthday and it was really good, i bet strawberry is delicious.
    can't wait to see you, jeff and ellie of course!

    ReplyDelete