Thursday, April 15, 2010

I heart Craig's List

... Well, now I do. And as much as I hate to admit it, I used to be a CL snob. It was a gradual progression that started with stores like South End Exchange, where I can only daydream about some day owning a set of these:
to purchasing only 'non-fabric' items, like my kitchen table & chairs, from Sleepy Poet...

to our couch (Jeff likes to remind me that I said I would never ever purchase a used couch - but I love it) and then settee from CL...

I wonder if Jeff is sorry he coaxed me out into the wonderful world that is Craig's List, consignment shopping, and thrift store finds?

Here is the latest... An art deco 1940s lamp and reason #1,821 that I heart CL:


I originally intended to swap out the milkglass shade for a regular lamp shade, but now I'm not so sure... What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think a drum shade would look so pretty on this lamp. http://www.shadesoflight.com/inspired-spaces/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/drum-shade-pendant.jpg

    Like one of those. But I like the original also! Good find!

    ReplyDelete