Monday, April 12, 2010

Married Mathis'

We had a jam-packed weekend, and enjoyed every minute of it! On Friday night, we celebrated my dad's 70th birthday with a surprise party. My siblings & I have been planning this for the last few months, and I'm so glad to report that my dad was truly surprised!

We gathered a few of my dad's oldest friends along with our family... and had tons of food, a picture slide show, and the card below that my brother John created for everyone to sign. Overall, it was a great night and I know it meant a lot to my dad!


On Saturday, we celebrated the marriage of our good friends, Jason & Lindsay (I'm throwing out this post title as their possible blog name... Wedded Whittaker and The Married Mathis' works right?) Lindsay was gorgeous, and the reception was so much fun! We had the best time celebrating with the bride & groom and lots of good friends!


Lots of love and best wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs. Mathis!

We topped the weekend off with a day at the lake for Jeff, while I enjoyed a bridal shower for Amy at Nolen Kitchen! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring along the camera for this event... But you can be sure that I'll have one for the wedding (in less than 1 month!)
Sunday night we welcomed Jeff's dad and brother back from a spring break trip to Spain! Now it's back to work, after a weekend of celebrations!

1 comment:

  1. HA! Married Mathis'.blogspot.com...the new sensation

    ReplyDelete